We are an outsource software development company based in Cornwall, South West England.
Cornwall is fast becoming known as being a thriving tech hub, with a collaborative software community as shown through networks like Software Cornwall. It is also home to the world leading Agile conference, Agile on the Beach as well as many smaller tech events and meetups.
Here at Headforwards, we put people first, providing a great work-life balance is key. In work, we create an environment that allows our teams to work effectively and efficiently whilst encouraging on-going professional development from both outside sources and each other. This includes Headtalks – our monthly lunchtime mini tech conference – where we give individuals the chance to share their knowledge with the rest of the team. Outside of work we also have monthly social events – you can see what we get up to here.
From a team of 5 in 2011 we are now about to reach 100, and due to recently winning some exciting new contracts we are looking for more people to join our team.
The successful candidates will be joining existing teams here at Headforwards and working on a web application for one of the largest telecoms companies in the world. You will be part of a fast-moving development team delivering multiple releases every day. We fully employ the use of Agile methodologies within our business to better achieve project objectives. Having experience working within an agile development environment would be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies – HTML, CSS, AJAX
- Experience of building scalable, rich, user interfaces
- Photoshop/ Illustrator
- Experience of Git, Node, Grunt, RequireJS
- Sass or similar CSS pre-processors
- TDD (Test Driven Development) using Mocha, Chai, Karma
- Knowledge of continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- A keen interest to learn new technologies and frameworks within the Front End development ecosystem
Technologies We Use
We are working with some pretty exciting technologies, which we don’t expect you to have experience of. However, if you do, it would be a bonus. For example: Docker, Kafka and Jenkins.
Benefits of working at Headforwards:
- Enhanced company pension
- Fun monthly team socials (Beach BBQ’s, Laser Tag, Film screenings, Rugby trips etc.)
- End of summer company festival – Headstock
- Headtalks – monthly internal technical ‘conference’
- Fresh fruit
- Corporate gym membership rates
- Child care vouchers
- Salary sacrifice bike scheme
Redruth, Cornwall, UK.
The working week is Monday – Friday
0900 – 1730 with a one-hour lunch break
£20,000 – £40,000
Depending on experience.
This is a “Rolling Recruitment Programme” and the closing date for this vacancy is the last day of May 2017.
How to apply
Apply online: https://www.headforwards.com/careers/application-form/