Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful microservices, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS/Angular4, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML/HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Possess and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of design applications, Web user experience architecture, Web and mobile development
- Transform design concepts into design assets for development teams and be able to assist in front end development
- Apply knowledge and advanced skills with visual design, user experience and appropriate Web design and development technologies.
- Collaborate with functional areas to ensure the integrity of the design requirements and the translation of wire frames into optimal user experience.
- Provide feedback to improve the quality of the product and reduce the complexity of the user interface.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience building user interfaces for Web and mobile applications
- At least 2 years of experience with server side language(s) (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Java)
- At least 2 years of experience with relational databases
- At least 1 year of RESTful services and JSON
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in software development, especially web applications
- 5+ years of experience with Agile practices
- Proficient with source-control tools and practices, bonus points for Git (well really GitHub)
- Experience with Cloud computing AWS and serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
- Experience building and deploying micro services
- Rapid prototyping of design concepts.
- Develop high performance, scalable front-end development
- Encourage team awareness and appropriate adoption of emerging technologies
- Work with other departments to ensure high quality and timely delivery
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Work comfortably within a dynamic challenging environment within the parameters of delivery deadlines
- Maintain open lines of communication relating to the status of a given projects and its risks and challenges
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
How to apply
Send resume to recruiter at email@example.com or apply at: https://capitalone.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Capital_One/job/San-Francisco--CA/Lead-Front-end-Engineer_R29999