LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER // FULL STACK
New York, United States and/or 100% Remote
At Stakd, we are building an essential financial product for consumers, blending social engineering with modern technology. As the Lead Software Engineer, you’ll be the technological backbone, leveraging our resource stack to strategically build the first direct person-to-person (P2P) lending app. Exciting, right? This position is for a technical leader, a visionary and integral partner, that will take our budding startup to the next level and ultimately serve the $100 billion friend and family loan market.
THINGS YOU'LL DO AS LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT STAKD
- Constructing and maintaining a cross-platform mobile app in production
- Building a system using payment processing and bank authentication APIs
- Scaling the backend architecture and codebase to support growth
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Plan an appropriate timeline of future work as a product backlog, sized appropriately, with proper issue type, descriptions etc.
- Have the ability to grow the technology organization from scratch
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Ionic 3 Framework
- Apache Cordova
- Angular 2+
- Google Cloud Platform
- Bitbucket (Git)
- JIRA Product Management
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Proficiency and/or expertise in Angular 2+
- Experience building hybrid apps with Ionic 3 and Apache Cordova
- Proficiency and/or expertise in Firebase and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with version control system .git
- Experience with error logging and performance tools
- You learn quickly and have something to teach others. We're always learning: from one another, from our industry, from reading, etc.
- You give and take feedback well on both people and products. We're a direct bunch, and love to move fast, which means making quick decisions with all of the information needed to make the best choice.
- You take pride in owning projects. We're not micro-managers here. We hire smart people, and trust them to deliver high-quality results.
THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE ❤️
- We work with a diverse team in a fast-growing startup
- We solve problems that affect everyone you know
- Flexible and remote work schedule and unlimited vacation
- If offices are your thing, you could leverage our coworking spaces in Hoboken or Boston
THINGS WE PUT UP WITH
- Shlomi’s private stories about lending money
- Dealing with poorly structured personal loans
- Odd edge cases in cross-platform mobile development
- Adam's love for Gary Vaynerchuk
Computer Software, Internet, Financial Services
How to apply
If you’ve got the chops, send your resume to email@example.com