What will you work on as a Capital One Software Engineer?
Customer-facing web and mobile applications all on the cloud! You will drive design, implementation, testing, release (DevOps) in an Agile environment, using modern methodologies, and open source tools. Whether a new feature or a bug fix, you will lead your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, all while learning and growing your skills. Most importantly, you’ll work and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who, love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
- The person we're looking for:
- Got a wee bit excited about what they read above
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Is deliriously customer-focused
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- Believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Come join this team and be an influence in change!!
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years of Angular experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Jquery
- At least 1 year experience with Responsive Web Design
- 1 year production experience of a single page applications
- 1 year experience with CSS
- Production experience with Node.js
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Knowledge of SEO and best practices
- Hands on Experience with AWS or Akamai
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.