HireVision Staffing is recruiting for the following role in NYC. Please review the job description and if interested send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Senior UI Developer
Location: NYC (Local preferred)
Length: 6 - 12 months to start
Interview Process: Phone Screen, followed by Client In-Person/ (Skype for non-local, Star Consultants)
Candidates will need to complete an offline test.
Skill and Role Summary:
Senior UI Engineer with over 8 yrs experience with at least 3 years experience building Web Applications using MVC frameworks such as Angular, Backbone or Ember.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Converting Mockups to working User Interfaces
Building well-structured UI components that follow best practices
Writing Unit and Integration tests
Taking feedback from users and making interaction changes
Troubleshooting performance issues
The requirements are categorized as below:
- Have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science. Lack of a degree may be substituted by equivalent professional experience
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, Time/Space Complexity
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented and/or Functional Programming
- Understand the concept of Event Loops, Single-threaded execution
- Understand the concept of UI Virtualization
- Understand the technical details of how UI is rendered on-screen. Eg: How does browser render HTML?
- Know the difference between Immediate-mode and Retained-mode of rendering
- Experience handling performance issues with rendering
- Experience profiling, debugging and troubleshooting CPU, Memory and logic issues, preferably with Chrome DevTools.
- Understand the difference between Html 4.0 and Html 5.0
- Have knowledge of what is new in Html 5.0
- Browser differences
- Experience applying Functional and Object-Oriented styles of programming
- Understand details of the prototype chain
- Working knowledge of standard EcmaScript 5 APIs
- Working knowledge of libraries such as: Underscore or LoDash, jQuery
- Experience building apps with AngularJS. Bonus: Experience with other MVC frameworks such as Backbone, Ember, React.
- Experience with build tools such as: Grunt, SASS, Browserify, RequireJS
- Know the various kinds of selectors and their specificity
- Understand the new properties introduced in CSS3
- Understand CSS directives such as @import, @media, @font-face
- Understand Responsive Web Design
- Understand how selectors are looked up, triggers for Style Recalculation
- Experience with proper structuring of CSS using techniques such as SMACSS, OOCSS or BEM
How to apply
Please review the job description and if interested send resumes to email@example.com. Thank you.